קונצרטים לעוגב | עוגבים | עמותת חובבי העוגב בישראל | Stella Maris Carmelite Monastery Mt. Carmel Haifa

Stella Maris Carmelite Monastery Mt. Carmel Haifa

Home page  |  The organs of Israel  |  Forthcoming concerts  |  Videos  |  Contact us

 

 

Organ n. 44 | Stella Maris Carmelite Monastery Mt. Carmel Haifa

The organ was built in 1911 by the Italian organ builder Carlo Vegessi-Bossi. This entirely pneumatic instrument, five meters high, had a mechanical blower placed outside of the church, thus supplying air of different temperature into the soundboards. Brother Delfino Taboada was approached to carry out a rebuilding of the organ. The instrument was dismantled and transported to his workshop in the Holy Savior Franciscan Monastery in Jerusalem. Taboada remade the chests, carried out a complete overhall and electrification of the organ, and added an electric motor. In 1963, the instrument was again renovated, this time by Gideon Shamir.

Disposition: 5 stops

Manual 58 notes
Unda Maris 8'
Bordone 8'
Principale 8'
Ottava 4'
Ripieno III

Pedal 27 notes
Basso 16'

Coupler Man./Ped

Tutti preset pedal

Piano and Forte presets
Pneumatic manual and stop action