קונצרטים לעוגב | עוגבים | עמותת חובבי העוגב בישראל | Organ of the Trappist Monastery of Latrun

Organ of the Trappist Monastery of Latrun

Home page  |  The organs of Israel  |  Forthcoming concerts  |  Videos  |  Contact us

 

 

Organ n. 32 | Organ of the Trappist Monastery of Latrun

This small organ is the work of the British organ-builder Sir Thomas Casson. It dates from 1904 and has the opus number WO 605. It was first installed at the St. Peter & Paul church in Willington, England, where it remained in service until 2001. The Israeli organ maker Gideon Shamir, visiting England at that time, heard that the church of Willington wanted to sell it and took care of all the necessary formalities.

Shamir installed the organ in the Monastery of Latrun, and the later was inaugurated for a second time, after almost 100 years, on the 29th of June 2002.

Disposition  7  stops

Manual keyboard 49 notes

Soubasse 16'
Open Diapason 8'
Salicional 8'
Voix Celeste 8'
Gedeckt 8' (separated)
Dolcet 4' (separated)

Pedal keyboard 30 notes

Soubasse 16'

A pedal activated by the knee of the organist regulates internal swell shades.
A preset called Melodic Viol allows the simultaneous playing of the Salicional 8' and
Subbass 16'.

This instrument is supplied with an optional twin pedal blower (harmonium style) in addition to an electric blower.